The Designed Blinds Australia Warranty is designed to ensure a thoroughly satisfying experience when selecting, purchasing and living with a Designed Blinds Australia product. The warranty is provided to the original purchaser for a period of 5 years from date of installation (please note it does not apply to commercial applications). We also offer a 20 year conditional warranty on Polyresin Shutters and a 3 year warranty on Whisper Cellular and Whisper Sheer Shadings. A 2 year warranty applies to Move remote control handsets.
5 Year Warranty
The Designed Blinds Australia 5 Year Warranty is designed to ensure a thoroughly satisfying experience when selecting, purchasing and living with your window fashion products. If you are not thoroughly satisfied, simply contact your distributor (place of purchase).
The details of the warranty, which is provided to the original purchaser for a period of 5 years from the date of installation, is provided here:
- The goods have a defect in the materials or workmanship, or the goods fail to operate as intended; and
- You make a claim under this warranty as provided below, within the time periods set out below.
For the purposes of this warranty, "defect" does not include (and we will not replace or repair products suffering from) damage caused by:
- Normal wear and tear;
- Abuse, misuse, or accident;
- Exposure to the elements (e.g. sun damage), or discolouration over time;
- Exposure to high humidity (resulting in mould & mildew or warping)- e.g. kitchens, bathrooms and natural variations in grain, colour and texture for timber venetian blinds and other timber products;
- Extreme weather events or other acts of God; or
- Modifications made by any person other than a representative of HDL or caused by use or installation that is not in compliance with the installation instructions provided with the product, or otherwise provided by HDL
The period in which this warranty applies:
This warranty applies to defects which appear and which you notify us (following the procedure below) of within five (5) years from the date of installation of the goods. The only exception is for Polyresin Shutters (excluding the shutter hardware), which have a warranty period of twenty (20) years from the date of installation. The shutter hardware has a warranty period of five (5) years from the date of installation.
To Obtain Warranty Service
If a defect appears in the goods within the period specified above, to make a claim under this warranty you must, before the warranty period (see above) expires, and at your cost;
- Submit details of your claim to, in the first instance, the address of the original place of purchase (or if you do not know or you are not able to find the address of the original place of purchase, to Hunter Douglas Limited at the address above) including:
1. Your name, address and phone number;
2. What you consider to be the defect and the circumstances in which the defect appeared and that you wish to claim under this warranty; and
3. Proof of your purchase of the product and details of the date and place of purchase.
- Provide us with all other information we reasonably request about the circumstances in which you consider the defect was caused (including sending us the goods you allege are defective if requested to do so).
We will then arrange for the goods to be inspected and determine whether they are defective and if, acting reasonably, we agree they are defective we will (at our option) either repair the goods, or replace the goods with new goods. A call out fee will be charged for inspection, however any call out fee that we charge you will be refunded if we determine that the goods are defective.
20 Year Polyresin Shutter Warranty
20 Year Warranty on Shutter Frames and Shutter Panels
The shutter frames and the panel members of Polyresin Shutters are warranted by the Manufacturer against defects in material that might result in blistering, peeling, flaking, corroding and fading for a period of twenty (20) years from the date of installation.
This Warranty shall remain in effect only if normal cleaning practices are followed periodically, as described in the Maintenance and Cleaning Instructions accompanying this Warranty.
5 Year Warranty on Shutter Hardware
The hardware supplied with Polyresin Shutters is warranted by the Manufacturer to remain in good operational condition for a period of five (5) years from the date of installation.
To the extent permitted by law, this Warranty is the only warranty applicable to the Shutters and it excludes all other express or implied warranties. No person is authorised by the Manufacturer to give any further representation or warranty or to assume any further obligation with respect to the Shutters. This Warranty is for the benefit of the original purchaser of the Shutters (the "Owner") and is non-transferable.
The Warranty applies only to Polyresin Shutters installed in Australia or New Zealand and used strictly for the purpose for which they were intended. The Shutters are intended to provide light control only. Varying levels of light penetration between the louvres may occur. Polyresin Shutters are neither intended nor guaranteed to provide block out conditions when closed.
The Manufacturer's liability is limited solely and exclusively to repair or replacement, at its option, and under no circumstances will the Manufacturer be liable for incidental or consequential damages such as, but not limited to, labour costs for any purpose, inconvenience, damage or injury to persons or to property, or any other expense.
Replacement Parts or Repairs
The Manufacturer reserves the right to discontinue or change any Shutter as currently manufactured. If an exact replacement part is not available, the Manufacturer reserves the right to substitute parts of equal quality at its sole option.
Exclusions from Warranty Coverage
The following are excluded from coverage under this Warranty:
- Exposure to air pollutants and normal atmospheric conditions may cause Polyresin surfaces to gradually suffer an accumulation of surface dirt or stains. These are normal occurrences and are not covered under this Warranty.
- Any defect, malfunction, or failure to perform which has occurred because of unreasonable use, improper application, or failure to perform reasonable or necessary maintenance.
- Shutters which have not been cleaned in accordance with the instructions in the Maintenance and Cleaning section of this document.
- Any damage to the Shutters or components of the Shutters caused by settlement or structural defects of the building in which they are installed.
- Any damage caused by wind, hail, lightning, or other acts of God, intentional acts, accidents, negligence, or exposure to harmful chemicals or pollutants.
- Damage caused by improper handling or installation.
- TB:DC:N1289: 2.4.2009
- Any Shutter which has been repaired or modified by any person other than a duly authorised representative of the Manufacturer.
- Shutters made without divider rails or which are wider, higher, or of greater area than the recommended sizes are not warranted.
Procedure and Conditions of Warranty Remedy
Any necessary repairs will be carried out at the Manufacturer's factory. Shutters must be transported to the retailer from which the Shutters were purchased and then to the Manufacturer's factory. Neither the Manufacturer nor the retailer will be responsible for any costs incurred in transporting the Shutters nor for any other costs related to removal or reinstallation of the Shutters.
In the event of a warranty claim, the Owner must notify the retailer in writing within thirty (30) days after the defect first appeared. Such notification must contain the following:
- Name and address of the Owner
- Date of installation
- A brief description of the defect
- Proof of purchase
If the Owner is of the view that the defect should be covered by this Warranty, the Owner may, at his or her own expense, arrange for delivery of the Shutters to the retailer and in turn to the Manufacturer's factory for repairs. Upon inspection, the Manufacturer will determine whether the defect is covered by the Warranty. If the defect is covered by the Warranty, the product will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of the Manufacturer.
If the defect is not covered by the Warranty, the Manufacturer will inform the retailer of costs and options related to the defect. Retailer authorisation is required before the Manufacturer will repair, modify, or replace a product not covered by the terms of this Warranty. Any costs or charges will be charged by the Manufacturer to the retailer. The retailer will be responsible for collecting these charges from the Owner.
Removal and re-installation costs:
In relation to any claim made by you under this warranty, you are responsible for the cost of removal and re-installation of the goods.
Maintenance and Cleaning Instructions
The materials require little maintenance.
The surfaces of the Shutter will collect a layer of surface dust over time. Normal dusting with a damp cloth will remove this accumulation.
If more thorough cleaning is required, then the following procedures should be followed.
Washing with mild soap and water or a mild household dishwashing liquid, using a soft cloth, generally will be sufficient.
Mild, water-based, household cleaners can be used on dirt and stains which are more difficult to remove.
External Shutters should be hosed down regularly and washed with a mild soap solution to remove salt and air pollutants. Shutter hardware should be sprayed regularly with a silicon spray.
Never use harsh abrasives, chlorine-based cleaners and cleaners containing organic solvents on Polyresin Shutters as they may affect the surface appearance and durability.